Let's Celebrate Administrative Professionals Day!Written by Fran Tarkenton
April 24, 2013 was Administrative Professionals Day. It’s an important day to remember the important work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists, and other professionals.
My assistant, Jill, has been with me for more than 20 years, and I don’t know what we’d do without her. Administrative Professionals Day is a day to say “Thank You” to Jill and all the other people out there who are so valuable, keeping things running every day in businesses all over the country.
Here are a few of the things you can do to celebrate Administrative Professionals Day:
- Say Something. The most basic, fundamental thing to do is just say, “Thank you!” It might sound easy, but you’d be surprised how easy it is to just keep on going day after day and never say anything, to express thanks for a great job, well done.
- Time Off. Assistants and other administrative professionals are always busy—keeping up with you! Give the gift of time that professionals can spend on themselves.
- Gifts. A popular option for celebrating Administrative Professionals Day is taking your assistant out for lunch, or buying dinner for your assistant and his or her spouse. You might also give flowers, candy, or other gifts depending on what would be meaningful to each individual.
- Role Reversal. A unique way to honor administrative professionals is by spending some time reversing roles—it’s your turn to run some errands for them and put their needs first the way they so often do for you.
And of course, you can always mix and match these possibilities and come up with other meaningful ways to celebrate the valuable work of assistants and other administrative professionals.
Let’s say it again: Thank you!
Fran Tarkenton is an entrepreneur and NFL Hall of Famer, and the founder of Tarkenton Companies. Fran has always had a passion for small business, and has started more than 20 businesses since retiring from the NFL. His efforts to provide knowledge and tools to small business have been a full time undertaking since 1996, and he is the driving force behind GoSmallBiz.com, Click2Corp.com and Tarkenton Financial. These sites all grew from Fran's desire to help fellow entrepreneurs gain access to the tools and information they need to grow and compete in the modern economy. You can see more about what Fran is doing at http://www.tarkenton.com, follow him on Twitter @Fran_Tarkenton, or connect with him on Google +.Website: www.Tarkenton.com
- 6 Innovative Solutions for Maximizing ROI
- Shrinking Your Carbon Footprint: Energy Management for Every Business
- 3 Things Your Business Should Know About the Cloud
- What Are Your Business's Greatest Cyber Threats?
- Focus on Character Not Competence
- 5 Must-Have Marketing Apps for Every Business
- Don't Manage "What" without "Why"
7 Pros and Cons of Entrepreneurship
It's a dream of so many individuals to one day have their own company. In America, entrepreneurship is often viewed as a primary barometer of success. Read more...