Let's Celebrate Administrative Professionals Day!Written by Fran Tarkenton
My assistant, Jill, has been with me for more than 20 years, and I don’t know what we’d do without her. Administrative Professionals Day is a day to say “Thank You” to Jill and all the other people out there who are so valuable, keeping things running every day in businesses all over the country.
Here are a few of the things you can do to celebrate Administrative Professionals Day:
- Say Something. The most basic, fundamental thing to do is just say, “Thank you!” It might sound easy, but you’d be surprised how easy it is to just keep on going day after day and never say anything, to express thanks for a great job, well done.
- Time Off. Assistants and other administrative professionals are always busy—keeping up with you! Give the gift of time that professionals can spend on themselves.
- Gifts. A popular option for celebrating Administrative Professionals Day is taking your assistant out for lunch, or buying dinner for your assistant and his or her spouse. You might also give flowers, candy, or other gifts depending on what would be meaningful to each individual.
- Role Reversal. A unique way to honor administrative professionals is by spending some time reversing roles—it’s your turn to run some errands for them and put their needs first the way they so often do for you.
And of course, you can always mix and match these possibilities and come up with other meaningful ways to celebrate the valuable work of assistants and other administrative professionals.
Let’s say it again: Thank you!
- 5 Signs That Your Company Could Be Insolvent
- What You Must Learn from My Summer Vacation
- Minimizing Small Business Risks: What Every Owner Can Do
- Business Phone Leasing vs. Buying
- Are Your Workers Educated Enough?
- Is Your Mindset Keeping Your Startup from Success?
- 3 Alternative Ways to Finance Your Small Business